21 January 2009

Baseball in January

Sarah and I are settling in for bed right now (who am I kidding...she's been asleep for 30 minutes) and, as part of our normal bedtime tradition, I turned on the Texas Rangers game radio broadcast.  Yes, baseball doesn't start again for another 2 months...we are listening to an archived game through MLB.com from May 6, 2008.  There is just something about a baseball game on the radio that is relaxing and comforting; we both sleep better when we fall asleep to the Rangers...and I am well aware how weird it is to listen to a baseball game that is over 6 months old.

Are there any weird daily habits you've developed that people on the outside would think are goofy but which serve you well?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

My mom grew up listening to baseball games as she fell asleep, and I have done it from time to time. It really is relaxing!

As for those daily habits, I can't think of anything, though I'm sure my husband could spout off a few if you asked him.

Unknown said...

Well I can't fall asleep if there is noise so I definitely can't relate. But I have my own weird traits...

Every morning, I get up at 5:50, take a shower (in the dark), throw my hair in a towel, and go back to sleep until 6:40. Don't ask. I just do it. Is that weird enough?

Then there is always my severe chapstick addiction. (It takes ~21 days for me to get through a tube.)