04 May 2009

Weekend Happenings

Friday Night- As many of you know, Jim and I love baseball, and more specifically the Texas Rangers. In fact, in the Fall, we are going to be playing on a co-ed softball team. So, for a fun date night, we went to the Plex (a local putt-putt, go-kart, batting cages, arcade, and laser tag place in town) to the batting cages. The score was Sarah 7 Jim 4*, which means, I won. (The * denotes that Jim's machine ran out of balls and so for the last 4 pitches, there was nothing. I guess technically he could have beat me, but probably not!) Here are some pictures:




After the batting cages, we went to eat at United Marketstreet and then went to Academy to buy two gloves and a baseball. We bought the baseball because it was super cheap, but looking at the gloves was overwhelming, and expensive, so we didn't get gloves.
Saturday- We got up at 8:30 am to headed with my Mom and some of my brothers and sisters to Charlie to pick strawberries. Here is a picture:

It rained on us pretty much the whole time but it was so fun and peaceful, and made me want to buy some land somewhere and build a house on and have some chickens and strawberries.

Sunday- Jim (with my help towards the end) made strawberry jam from the strawberries we picked on Saturday. Here is the jars:

When my Mom made it for us last time, it was the best Jam we had ever had! Hopefully, ours is good too!

3 comments:

Jim Johnson said...

Mark it down--by 2017 we will be living in the country!

Unknown said...

Wow! You made jam! That's awesome. Sarah,w elcome back to the blogging world. You were missed!

Kimberly Wootten said...

so crazy!!! i made dewberry jam this weekend after picking the dewberries in fields! yay for being granola!