19 August 2009

What I think about while cleaning my bathroom...

Before beginning the actual post, I know it's been a while since I blogged. I have been SWAMPED at work. We hired a new youth minister (AWESOME) but right now I'm his assistant too, so I'm essentially administratively assisting FOUR ministries, and it's a little overwhelming at times. Praying for a new assistant for him soon...

Jim gets really mad when I complain about my house. REALLY mad. But, I'm really working on being more content. And as part of that, trying to make every room my own and make it as functional as possible. So, I got to cleaning, and scrubbed and entire wall by hand and a beasty, hard to reach corner. And instead of looking at things as things I hate about my house, I'm going to begin looking at them as things that I will look for in my next house, good and bad.

So, in cleaning the bathroom, here are few of my ideas:
-Charm is a must, and I definitely have plenty of that in this old house. Our shower is nestled inside a little cove that has an arched wall and I love it!
-I think I might prefer NOT having a plastic tub surround. I guess perfect world, it would be a claw foot, but tile is definitely preferred. The plastic is so NOT charming.
-Storage space is a must. We have a weird towel closet that is WAY deep and not very wide, so it can be tricky.
-We have a very updated vanity, which I love.
-We have a window in our bathroom which would be even MORE awesome if it looked outside and not into another room. Maybe next time...
-I am indifferent with the floor- I don't love it, but I don't hate it. It's a linoleum tile, so as long as it is easily scrubbable, I'm happy.
-No weird hard to reach corners for cleaning that are also unused space are a no go for me.

So, I hope Jim is happy that I'm trying to be more content...

2 comments:

Joy Pruitt Photography said...

Sarah, I hope you do find contentment. Your house is amazing, I love it! I'd trade you in a heartbeat. It's precious, warm and full of love. The size of closets and plastic tubs are irrelevant. Perhaps your feelings are reflective of something else. Having everything "just right" is never how you imagined it. It starts in your heart.

Chelsea said...

I'm with you. I struggle with that too. You saw my floors and my walls. And my countertops. I don't love them.

Our pantry is narrow and deep. Who designs a deep pantry?? Probably a man. Or someone who doesn't cook. Ever. Dumb!