05 June 2009

Random Thoughts on a Friday (Jim)

Since it's a random thoughts post, I thought we should go bullet-style:

  • Re-reading The Fitzwilliam Darcy Trilogy and had a thought: if people drank as much in real life as they do in 19th-Century literature, I think that half the population must have been perpetually intoxicated. Explains a lot about history, actually...
  • Watched three different Harry Potter movies over the weekend. Those are the best book-to-movie adaptations I've ever seen. I absolutely LOVED them and cannot wait for the newest one to appear on July 15.
  • Will probably lose all of my pepper plants to little pests called aphids. Bummer...
  • Ran 4 miles in 44 minutes on Sunday; that 11-minute mile pace is what I'm shooting for at this point so I was excited!
  • Food poisoning equals no fun.
  • Watching more than an hour of cable news at one time is bad for your health and could potentially make someone go insane!
  • Pandora is (as I think I've mentioned before) AWESOME! If you're looking for a station to listen to, try Julieta Venegas. Trust me...

Happy Friday!

No comments: